About Me

My photo
Celoron, NY, United States
And by the way, everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt. ~Sylvia Plath

4.28.2011

painfulwisdom

Just a Feeling I Get
By Laura McCollough Moss


I'd like to quantify
this pain for you
on a scale of one to ten
it's not so much a pain
as an ache
oh, not an ache but a
sensation
all down my arms
 across my chest
where someone has been
taken away
never to hold
again
what kind of remedy
 not a job for
non-steroidal anti-inflammatories
acetaminophen won't touch it
narcotics wouldn't make a dent
I've tried red wine
which when overdone
only helps the tears to flow
 then the ache stops being dull
 throbs
and my fingers tingle
grasping for
a memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment and input.